Today... 'Author of eternal salvation'
The last eternal chapter has been written
telling of how The Lamb of God was smitten.
This great story of salvation I will tell
of the Saviour who has saved my soul from hell.
My song will echo throughout eternity
and I'll sing Your praise in the heavenly city.
Life everlasting to all those who obey
eternal salvation as we walk God's way.
Prayers and petitions are offered on high
by the Only Son who came to earth to die.
The Author of Eternal Salvation came
to pay the price for our sin and all its shame.
For the Author of Life died upon the cross
suffering such agonising pain and loss.
Then rising from the dead He ascended high
into the heavens and nevermore to die.
And my name in love He has recorded there
In the Book of Life kept safe in heavens care.
With His crimson blood each letter He has penned
Waiting for the day when the book is opened.
All of the redeemed gathered in safety there
In the glory together each will declare
they were saved from Gods great condemnation
By the Author of Eternal Salvation.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Acts 3: 15
You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
Hebrews 2: 10
In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting an aspect
of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Author of eternal salvation'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Author of eternal salvation' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed