Today... 'Author of eternal salvation'
The last eternal chapter has been written
telling of how The Lamb of God was smitten.
This great story of salvation I will tell
of the Saviour who has saved my soul from hell.
My song will echo throughout eternity
and I'll sing Your praise in the heavenly city.
Life everlasting to all those who obey
eternal salvation as we walk God's way.
Prayers and petitions are offered on high
by the Only Son who came to earth to die.
The Author of Eternal Salvation came
to pay the price for our sin and all its shame.
For the Author of Life died upon the cross
suffering such agonising pain and loss.
Then rising from the dead He ascended high
into the heavens and nevermore to die.
And my name in love He has recorded there
In the Book of Life kept safe in heavens care.
With His crimson blood each letter He has penned
Waiting for the day when the book is opened.
All of the redeemed gathered in safety there
In the glory together each will declare
they were saved from Gods great condemnation
By the Author of Eternal Salvation.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Acts 3: 15
You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
Hebrews 2: 10
In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting an aspect
of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Author of eternal salvation'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Author of eternal salvation' by Roy Allen )
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
- An Earthen Lamp, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Let me love you, gajanan mishra
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)