Today... 'The Almighty'
Petrified in the boat they were panicking
as the waves of the sea came cascading in.
Then Lord You rose and commanded the sea
'Be still, ' You said with great authority.
'What manner of man is this' they cried
amazed as they saw the wind and sea subside.
The storm was quelled and the wind did cease
The Almighty obeyed, they were left in peace.
Mightier than the raging and tempestuous sea.
Mightier than the clashing thunderstorm is He.
The Almighty One is The Sovereign Lord.
and wind and wave have to obey His word.
You were there Almighty God before life began
as the creator of heaven, of earth and man.
The Alpha and Omega Whose work is done.
The Son of God and the Almighty One.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, ' says the Lord, 'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.'
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting
an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The Almighty' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen