Today... 'The Almighty'
Petrified in the boat they were panicking
as the waves of the sea came cascading in.
Then Lord You rose and commanded the sea
'Be still, ' You said with great authority.
'What manner of man is this' they cried
amazed as they saw the wind and sea subside.
The storm was quelled and the wind did cease
The Almighty obeyed, they were left in peace.
Mightier than the raging and tempestuous sea.
Mightier than the clashing thunderstorm is He.
The Almighty One is The Sovereign Lord.
and wind and wave have to obey His word.
You were there Almighty God before life began
as the creator of heaven, of earth and man.
The Alpha and Omega Whose work is done.
The Son of God and the Almighty One.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, ' says the Lord, 'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.'
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting
an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The Almighty' by Roy Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Illuminating, Mark Heathcote
- Over looking choice, Jessica Dehn
- The Wine Effect, I Am Krakatoa
- Light Foot xx xxx xx Original 12 28.., Lee Mack
- changing the world, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Worrdless Man xx xxx xx Original 12 .., Lee Mack
- Not seeing sweet Sweetie is impossible!, Nyota Yasulwe