Lawrence S. Pertillar
Too Much On My Mind To Waste
From my head to my toes.
And with an ability to be conscious of it.
I observe my connection,
To what around me exists.
I feel included to participate with a benefit.
Given to give and to accept and take.
What about you?
'I don't have time to be into myself like that.
I've got too much on my mind to waste.
The one thing I do get from all of this,
Are many headaches I take medication to quit.'
Then maybe you should try,
Opening your eyes even wider.
'Maybe you should 'try' minding your own business.'
I did try that.
And one day I awakened to realize,
The life I lived was limited.
To discover my own business,
Had you and others being a part of it.
So you see...
Even if I kept to myself,
It would affect you somehow.
Since how else would I identify my existence as being legit?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Much On My Mind To Waste by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Melody Of The Wind, Dennis Lange
- Lesbian Bisexuals, Richard Thripp
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith
- shamely departed, kyvin nash
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Black Orchid, Beach Girl
- Play trick, hasmukh amathalal
- condemned, Mandolyn Davidson