Tradition Systematizes All Strengths In Size
All hunting packs on earth are different
But we’re all hounds nose to ground…
We’re all here for the first time,
Scenting blood; like a blood hound.
Tradition systematizes all strengths in size.
But I am a herring gull and all belief systems
Are basically the same
Do unto others as they’ll do unto you and rule their pain.
But I’m the hound that goes missing
Simply because I can’t be found
I can’t be bloodied by the crowd.
Simply because I’m always missing
Simply because the scent I’m searching
For can’t be found, searching the ground.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tradition Systematizes All Strengths In Size by Mark Heathcote )
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)