Lawrence S. Pertillar
Have today become a mainstay...
Within mindsets fixed.
And shown with appearances more considered,
Than the facts they have attacked...
That have become for some major irritations.
Appalled and irate they choose to do when facing truth.
Caring about anything with expressed depth,
Has left many to believe too foolish to entertain.
Too many desire to stay 'toasted' to achieve quick 'highs',
With their delusions kept protected.
Listening to their priorities is not difficult to detect.
'I spent six weeks in quarantine.
And that changed my perceptions permanently.
Five months I spent,
With intent to re-evaluate my life and purpose.'
Listen to what I had to experience and recently.
And it left me in a deep depression.
I don't know if I will 'ever' get over it.~
'What happened? '
~You wont believe this but...
I spent eight weeks on a cruise.
On a vacation in the islands to relax and get rest.
And the service I received,
Was less than below par.~
'You got sick? '
On that trip I became 'nauseated' from the very beginning.
I had requested to be upgraded to the executive suite.
I waited for ten minutes before my request was approved.
You will not believe this.
'You got sick? '
I became livid when I was told by room service,
They had run out of Barcardi.
And if I wanted rum and coke,
I needed to go to the pool on the top deck.
There I would find a hostess to accomodate my request.~
~And then the hostess had the nerve to tell me,
She had forgotten I wanted my rum and coke 'without' rocks.
And I specifically told her...no rocks.
Well, immediately I went to the cruise director.~
'To then have what happen? '
~I was told I had created an unnecessary scene.
And 'that' sickened me the entire trip.~
That would make me upset too, I guess.
That God you were able to heal successfully.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trivial Pursuits by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - I love you so much from all my heart-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow