Lawrence S. Pertillar
A retreat is considered by many defeat,
By those who poster with pretense,
Of something had...
Delusion and reality just don't mix.
The creating of delusions has been a hit.
Amendments and laws invented to circumvent,
Can not prevent...
The righting of those wrongs,
To get everyone to get along....
Feeding on delusions has had,
Many addicted to unfulfilled promises.
And those who protest want those promises met.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unfulfilled Promises by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan