Lawrence S. Pertillar
A retreat is considered by many defeat,
By those who poster with pretense,
Of something had...
Delusion and reality just don't mix.
The creating of delusions has been a hit.
Amendments and laws invented to circumvent,
Can not prevent...
The righting of those wrongs,
To get everyone to get along....
Feeding on delusions has had,
Many addicted to unfulfilled promises.
And those who protest want those promises met.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unfulfilled Promises by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1679 - 1718)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)