RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Standing at the edges of humanity, looking about, seeing
emptiness abounding, brought on by unknown circumstances.
Afraid to reach out or touch upon the subject of so much
pain, keeping it hidden inside for all time.
Knowing no solutions are to be found because they can only
be thought of through caring and love.
Noticing the world passing by, patterns of daily living
come and go, like shadows during daylight hours.
Forgetting the compulsion not to stray from certain paths,
leads to an understanding of other knowledge come to pass.
Combining all works of thoughtful encounters within the
mind, life changes it's tactics slowly.
Remaking history with history itself, sending truth back
and forth to find it's place.
Life revisited, stands on the edge of time, awaiting the
comforts, it knows will never come.
At the very edge of humanity, emptiness still fills life
through unknown circumstances.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unknown Circumstances by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Our Life and Four Seasons, Vasco M. Resendes
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)