Unspoken, Only Felt
It's okay to be late to school once in a while,
Specially if I get to see that wave and a cheerful hi.
I left home and waited under the gulmohar tree,
For two people, my friend and the love of me.
Many days I caught him few days I did not,
But whenever I saw him my cheeks became hot.
Our relation is termed as being of just friends,
But underneath, it contains love maybe from just my end.
This routine had continued from the last three years,
And just a glimpse of him seemed to wipe away my tears.
In these three years there were 6 months of holidays,
And each of them passed like a very gloomy day.
But the remaining 30 months were the months of waiting,
All through the 360 nights to see a glorious morning.
I didn't know what was on his mind,
Nor did he know the thoughts of mine.
But by now my friend also knew him and said hi,
Boy! I felt jealous, I didn't want to share my guy.
As we pass each other, the chocolate eyes meet the light brown,
They light up in a smile even if there had been a frown.
Now as the fourth year begins of our unspoken love,
I know something's being planned for up in heaven above.
There looms in front of me a big gate,
Damn! I am for school again late.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unspoken, Only Felt by Isabella Francis )
- Be ants, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sketching Patterns, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Assurance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)