The world is still and the wind makes no sound,
the river forgets to run
Fredom just one more leap.
The trees have seemed to stop growing at all,
the grass turned yellow
and I can see through the wall of next door.
Guns lay empty by dead bodies, kid’s toys are broken
and I can still smell the rotting flesh around me.
The mushroom bomb or so they say
was the best way to clean this land
but how much cleaning does it take?
to make them see it is not worth the cost
of all living things.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (War by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady