...........................Was This Poem Written Yet?
The poem was visualized on the front, screen porch,
in silence, in wonder, through eyes...
It swarmed the Autumn-purpled flowers by the door,
leafed through reds, golds of the Chinaberry Tree...
dripping words down Sunday wet tin,
onto the wooden steps.
The poem never stalked like Lady McBeth, through
darkness to her ending hall, last line spoken...
Never flew too close to the Sun, as Pegasus,
gathering no Phoenix rebirth...
The poem did not herald a magical Sunday.
For the poem stayed on the front porch,
and was never written.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...........................Was This Poem Written Yet? by elysabeth faslund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Ghost of a Fish, Graham Fowell
- Beirut Tank, Tom Sleigh
- The Eyes of the Universe, Graham Fowell
- You Had Just Left, Tudor Arghezi
- When I did loose my heart to you, Gert Strydom
- Temporary Things, Graham Fowell
- Aubade, Tom Sleigh
- Succession, Graham Fowell
- Beware of the Crocodile, Paul Sebastian
- Spooners Bar, Graham Fowell