We Are the World
European Union, Republic of Korea
Russian Federation, Zambia, Tanzania
China to Nigeria, Hungary, Australia
Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Saudi Arabia
Cuba, Argentina, Pakistan, Japan
Into the Islamic Republic of Iran
Deep within the cavernous confines of the hood
When Pens travel light years beyond what we could.
Mexico and India Germany and France
Italy and Scotland, Turkey, Netherlands
Vietnam and Thailand, Canada, Brazil
Ports being flooded with the ink that we spill
Poland, Indonesia, Qatar, Philippines
Finland, Egypt, Ireland, Gabon, Mozambique
Portugal to Hong Kong even Undefined
Albania, Malaysia, Namibia, Dubái
Kiribati, Canadá, the United States
Singapore, New Guinea; as the silence brakes
Back to South Africa; rising like the day
From beneath a Carbon Dioxide’ L.A.
Children of the corn-man swimming the Atlantic
Stagnant men with Pens that reach across the Planet.
We, the Poets.
Charles Monroe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
6: 20 AM
Comments about this poem (We Are the World by Charles Monroe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo
- Walking down the last lane!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- *Little Budding Stars, C. P. Sharma
- Kar Denge Jaan Nisar Hum Batan Ke Baste, Sawariya Kumar
- Ancient remnants, Piyush Dey
- *Haridas: Tansen's Guru, C. P. Sharma
- Past Tense, Jake Deeds