We Have Abortions... June 1st,2013
Both abortions and assisted suicide involve a lot of death,
We have abortions now but no death-with-dignity yet,
Ottawa appointees told Sue Rodriguez that she could die,
From painful Lou Gehrig’s disease and I don’t know why.
Our politicians don’t seem to know or care about this,
They never heard or read the Constitution of the Swiss,
Where death-with-dignity is available to all including you,
But to our silent politicians, this subject must be taboo.
Our Supreme Court allowed abortions but not assisted suicide,
And their rules are criminal law so we have to abide,
And these appointees don’t have to worry about being elected,
They got their Supreme Court appointments so they are connected.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Have Abortions... June 1st,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good Morning, Cathy Hodgson
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak