We Haven't Even Met
As i look at him,
my heart skips a beat.
when he is no where to be found,
i let out a sign.
i think of him a lot and
wonder if he does the same.
when my gaze meets his,
i cant seem to look away.
yet i have to so i can catch my breath,
and will my heart to beat again.
he looked at me with admiration
and i had to smile.
he plays a guitar and sings beautifully.
i feel like i know him a long time
but we haven't even met.
though i know his name
and he knows mine.
Allenika ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Haven't Even Met by Allenika ... )
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)