James Walter Orr
The weasels run, a mighty herd
Of charging little beasts.
They're waiting on King Weasel
To call them to their feast.
King weasel rubs his bristly chin,
Intending to deceive;
The weasel crowd bends to its knee,
Determined to believe.
The weasels, like the red brigade,
Will cleanse all other thought;
The land will run with bloodshed
From heretics they have caught.
The weasels run the country,
Storming homes and totally crazed;
We cattle lie and chew our cud:
A few look on amazed.
The weasels run the hillsides,
But the valleys run with blood.
The weasels run with glaring eyes;
The cattle chew their cud.
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Weasel Infestation by James Walter Orr )
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Raleigh
(1552 - 1618)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)