Weeping Willow – Sweeping Reply
Though gravestones guard old bones in time each must
sweep weeping willow’s souvenir away.
When cycle turns, stone band turns sandy dust
to flake stretched grief, etched sojourn's fleeting stay.
Fears which with tears faced Death’s danced interplay
must give the nod to sod when chased is lust.
The potter spins, limbs underpin limned clay,
wheels weal beyond unjust decay, cussed [c]rust.
No morn need mourn with darkness peeled away
concealment’s [c]reed unreeled as trust through trust
helps healed heart start, reveals heaved pulse display
defray flesh phase, phrase future with fresh thrust.
Still, let will spill the sorrow willow weeps,
fulfilled soul, whole, refilled, tomorrow reaps.
No light-winged dryad teams trees' streams descend,
no steward ents amid day's brake may move,
time works with stealth, shirks wealth, pride's trace remove,
while silent roots tomorrow's shoots extend.
Crowned canopy and branchwork downward send
through subtle photosnthesis light's waves,
while upward rises sap from root-tapped caves
well weave well's spells, give leave for leaves to tend
new shoots which to the passing breezes bend
in dance entrancing, beckoning: no slaves
could emulate the dream-theme scene which saves
much midnight magic stored for future friend.
Along time's river willows bank dew, keep
due streaming watch 'til all turn in Styx sleep.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Weeping Willow – Sweeping Reply by Jonathan ROBIN )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip