O Anna Niemus
What Is A Poem?
Emily D put words into poems
as an infinite forest of oak
is encapsulated in an acorn's
Rita Dove called poetry
Linda McCarriston described
a poem's lightning, 'saying
the unsayable', as she
poured out the pain of
being the victim of incest.
Robert Frost penned that
of a poem is his mind's
Mary Cowell's words: the lyrics
don't matter. The rhythm
alone lifts us to the stars.
Ogden Nash was funny,
while Shakespeare was
Poems expand our minds.
They tell stories.
Like dreams they the
.. turn nouns into verbs
and verbs into nouns.
blew the mind apart
with his art
W H Davies
broke our hearts
W. H. Davies' 'I will not sail with sheep'
stanza of Two Voices
In A Meadow
O Anna Niemus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is A Poem? by O Anna Niemus )
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
- They danced, Brian Kilpatrick
- Sure to over come, hasmukh amathalal
- Lull Me to Sleep, Valsa George
- The Little Girl Cried In Agony, Ali Faisal
- Carelessness..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Sycophant, Ali Faisal
- Love, shafeeqrahman rahman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)