O Anna Niemus
What Is A Poem?
Emily D put words into poems
as an infinite forest of oak
is encapsulated in an acorn's
Rita Dove called poetry
Linda McCarriston described
a poem's lightning, 'saying
the unsayable', as she
poured out the pain of
being the victim of incest.
Robert Frost penned that
of a poem is his mind's
Mary Cowell's words: the lyrics
don't matter. The rhythm
alone lifts us to the stars.
Ogden Nash was funny,
while Shakespeare was
Poems expand our minds.
They tell stories.
Like dreams they the
.. turn nouns into verbs
and verbs into nouns.
blew the mind apart
with his art
W H Davies
broke our hearts
W. H. Davies' 'I will not sail with sheep'
stanza of Two Voices
In A Meadow
O Anna Niemus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is A Poem? by O Anna Niemus )
- Bravely face, hasmukh amathalal
- Separation, Zubair Ali
- Eyes in the Sky, Antonio Liao
- गोसो खांदोँ- 2006, Ronjoy Brahma
- GOD'S FRUIT FOR LIFE, Michael P. Johnson
- WHILE DEMONS RUN AMOK, Michael P. Johnson
- Hope and Fear, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- IN COUNTRIES FAR & NEAR, Michael P. Johnson
- Thanksgiving, howard simon
- WITH WISDOM! LISTEN, Michael P. Johnson
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)