Warren Falcon (04/23/52 - xxxx / Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA)
What Is Revealed, Variation
side by side
'hear this then'
something read aloud
heads nod agreement
smiles and meals beneath
the witnessed reel of
stones at dusk
fill their pockets own
climbing World Tree at
then downward turn
they fling themselves
low toward dawn-stumbling
VOGLIO UNA DONNA!
I WANT A WOMAN!
such male heat
alight Light cries
dove the crow their
to Sun's Call,
different as they
what is revealed:
the mouse in the hole who loves the hole,
how the serpent's tail shimmers as one has
tossed it with a very long stick out the door
shouting - the door shouts too - 'be gone!
no more! ' one has learned to shake the
sheets, the pants, the socks, the topsy
turvy heel-worn shoes before the getting
into because scorpions and spiders dwell
therein and even a snake loves a warm bed,
my pillow for its head, found a skin shed
on a flower-patterned pillow case where
fleecy lambs forever pink silently bleat
as the cloth grows thin from head wear
dream wear because I was once a sleeping man
Poet Other Poems
- 3 AM Kingfisher Sonata
- A Grief Earned - An Ode Beginning & Endi...
- A Gypsy Cab Author Caught In A Texas Mi...
- A Poem In Fragments Beginning With A Lin...
- A Shabbos Poem Beginning With A Line Fro...
- Abandoned Train Station Near Grandmother...
- After Folly - An Aging Poet Addresses On...
- Alchemical Passes For Father and Son - T...
- Amir, Prince Of Treetops, Now Sleeps In ...
- 'And The Daylight Separated The Mad Boy ...
- Annunciation - for Cesar Vallejo
- Anunciación - para César Vallejo
- Archeology - What The Stele Says 'Upon T...
- Are You Hungry? A Poem For Departure
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.