What Will Happen Tomorrow?
What will happen tomorrow?
Will it be filled with sorrow?
Will we even live that long?
How unknowable our lives
Are they joyful or full of strife?
Filled with all that's left unknown
Different theories for discussion
Hoping we press the right button
With our guesses and our lives
Going down the only road
That you and me have ever known
Wonder if we have a choice
What waits past the sunset?
Something worse, or better yet
And we may never know
If we follow this same road
So be careful what you choose
It could all be win or lose
Just a matter of fate
Full of thoughts of love and hate
So please pick your favourite path
Because you'll find there's no way back
Please just hope you don't regret
What's to come? We don't know yet
Give your life to living
Or give your life to giving
Simply do what you feel's right
Straight ‘til the end's in sight
Show the world your internal might
Just please tell me you will fight
To make the world a better place
In this never-ending race
If you are failing, pick up the pace
Living only for what's good
Your life will turn out as it should
Gwenevere Cornwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Will Happen Tomorrow? by Gwenevere Cornwell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey