“Where I’m From” Poem
I’m from a house of computers, from desktops to laptops.
I’m from tan colored siding (which comes to an end by the red bricks at the bottom of the house) .
I’m from the blossoms which bloom from the pear tree (which has branches that spring from its trunk) .
I’m from Christmas movie watching and blue eyes from Jennifer and Michael.
I’m from the library that never ends with books to read and a house filled with collectibles of all sizes.
From “A squirrel stole my glasses” and “How’s your boyfriend”.
I’m from early wake-ups on Sunday for church (and Stepping Stones afterschool on Wednesdays) .
I’m from Maryland, Germany, and many more countries in Europe.
From the great grandfather that killed cats, the Mamaw who makes the most extraordinary apple pies.
I’m from hanging pictures on the wall and shoe boxes full with memories from the past.
Jewels Wiseman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“Where I’m From” Poem by Jewels Wiseman )
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)