“Where I’m From” Poem
I’m from a house of computers, from desktops to laptops.
I’m from tan colored siding (which comes to an end by the red bricks at the bottom of the house) .
I’m from the blossoms which bloom from the pear tree (which has branches that spring from its trunk) .
I’m from Christmas movie watching and blue eyes from Jennifer and Michael.
I’m from the library that never ends with books to read and a house filled with collectibles of all sizes.
From “A squirrel stole my glasses” and “How’s your boyfriend”.
I’m from early wake-ups on Sunday for church (and Stepping Stones afterschool on Wednesdays) .
I’m from Maryland, Germany, and many more countries in Europe.
From the great grandfather that killed cats, the Mamaw who makes the most extraordinary apple pies.
I’m from hanging pictures on the wall and shoe boxes full with memories from the past.
Jewels Wiseman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“Where I’m From” Poem by Jewels Wiseman )
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- (1) I Accept for Now, She Doesn't Love Me, Uriah Hamilton
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)