Why do you take hold of my
my voice and the pen?
Your force holds me back,
and fills me with pain.
Why don't you measure
the depth of a poet's mind?
Your power can't put me back,
I ain't ready to stay behind.
I'm a woman, so I can't have
any wit or intelligence!
Can I be bought by anyone
with penny or pence?
I have the wish, the
desire to flow as stream,
to touch the pinnacle
of the high altitude,
I have built a dream--
Do not shatter it,
do not make it fall.
Let me play the flute not
for you only but for all!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)