Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
After democracy slash capitalism
has installed aided dictatorship
in foreign focus interest country
after dictator has turned upon
brutally suppressed own people...
why are you surprised puppet dictator
suddenly turns upon bites hand that fed?
Is this not the nature of true megalomaniac?
Distempered dictator dislikes taking orders.
Your psychopathological puppets condition
characterized by delusional fantasies wealth
power omnipotence tortures kills opposition.
Consider your puppets obsession with grandiose
trinkets extravagant distractions actions ruthless.
Did history not warn with enough dark parallels?
The word megalomania derived from the Greek
words megalo meaning large and mania meaning
madness frenzy; were these not warnings enough?
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Surprised? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon
- Wasted Words, Kela LewisMorin
- the lights are still up, Bull Hawking
- Unclassified, Kela LewisMorin
- Someone Else, Kela LewisMorin
- Fortunate, Kela LewisMorin
- Intangible Tangent, Kela LewisMorin