Why Waste Time Making Fires
After everything, I have learnt.
Whatever you set a spark to,
will only crash and burn.
So why waste time making fires,
and gathering fuel for your desires,
when you can be happy with the trees,
and never be expired.
For all the hope you gather,
and for all the bliss you find,
you ask yourself what is reality,
and was it all in the mind?
For everything we hope and dream,
pulls apart at the seams,
I thought, except for you and me,
but yes, also you and me.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Waste Time Making Fires by Rachel Henley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- One Of My Many Korean Dreams (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- My Loss, Tiku akp
- TRUE LOVE IN THE POETESS' EYES الحب الحق.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby For The Doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci