Why Waste Time Making Fires
After everything, I have learnt.
Whatever you set a spark to,
will only crash and burn.
So why waste time making fires,
and gathering fuel for your desires,
when you can be happy with the trees,
and never be expired.
For all the hope you gather,
and for all the bliss you find,
you ask yourself what is reality,
and was it all in the mind?
For everything we hope and dream,
pulls apart at the seams,
I thought, except for you and me,
but yes, also you and me.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Waste Time Making Fires by Rachel Henley )
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest