RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Winter snowing gently into my mind, icing everything there,
hidden or not.
Freezing eternity in time, allowing even the worst memories
and nightmares to look eerily beautiful within.
Stages of inter-dimensional thought are placated silently
for the time being, tenderly numbing all interior images
even though they're being seen.
Waltzing beyond horrible feelings, being at last able to see
without going through the immutable reality of everything.
Sliding down hillsides on sleds, leaving all memories behind,
while careening down slopes of everyday life, gazing at
sunrises, realizing sunsets are also a part of being.
Hand in hand with frozen thought, able to see it's pictures
consciously, no effort at all.
Head bowed, curiously afraid, timid, fragily holding on,
attempting to trust a tiny bit at a time, wanting to believe
in sincerity, yet knowing also what I have experienced in
Keeping me timid, shy, afraid to get too close, untrusting,
afraid to hope.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter's Untrust by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)