World Sleep Day
In 2013 this day is March 15.
Sleep is a special form of the existence
It gives strength to a daytime wakefulness.
A healthy person wakes up with a feeling of freshness.
A good sleep maintains physical and mental health.
And everyone knows that it's the main wealth.
Minimal level of brain activity and reduced reaction
Brings your body after sleep to the normal action.
It is proved that long periods of 'sleep deprivation'
Brings to losing sense of humor and isolation.
Deteriorating memory, perhaps worsening of disease
Sleepless nights can only irritability increase.
However, to sleep a lot is also harmful.
Eight hours is enough for me and the day is cheerful.
So, let this holiday be one more reason
On this tiresome early spring season,
To pay attention to your sleep and, consequently, health
Which you won't be able to buy for any wealth.
Pleasant, healthy sleep!
Let it be beautiful and deep!
©Larisa Rzhepishevska (Odessa, Ukraine)
The 15th of March,2013
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (World Sleep Day by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood