Would you miss me
I am sad and don't really know why.
Did Juliet know what she was doing when she died?
Was it love or did she hurt so much she wanted to go above?
Would you miss me if I left? Would you know I was gone? Would you care if I dared?
I have two lives to live for but I keep hurting more and more.
I cannot control this overwhelming feeling of dread.
I am sad, cant figure out why. My smile has disappeared even when I look to the sky.
Emotions overcome me, peace I crave. My tears are streaming, I can't stop them. My kids I don't want them to see me this way.
It's hard to know which way to go.
My light is dark the sun is low.
Would you miss me if I went?
The bath is warm still I am cold emotions have drained me, don't know where to go.
I am tired and drained guess we will never really know.
Would you miss me? Would you care? If I go? If I dared?
Shane Clift's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would you miss me by Shane Clift )
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Villanelle: No curse worse than the plac.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sense Of Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- here workin' for hugs on Christmas eve, Bull Hawking
- Poetry of the Stars, Shahrokh Sharifrazy