Do I only shine when I praise
In liquid lines on cloudy days;
Am I jester playing court
Frantic, antic in retort.
Or am I he that draws a smile
From your turret seen a mile
Astride a donkey's canting run;
The secret lover in the sun.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yorick by David McLansky )
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest