'You Took MY Place! '
A man pulled into a churches’ parking lot
But when…he was parking his car.
Was reminded by another on-lookers’ remark
“Your in my parking place…you are! ”
The man now entered dazed…. slowly into the church
Found a seat…far up in the first row.
But while he was getting settled in
He was reminded…”You’re in my place…now you must go! ”
The man hung his head… as he walked away
But found another place to sit.
As the pastor started to speak his sermon
He inadvertently spoke on all of this.
Then the stranger stood up…and slowly his appearance had changed
His hat… now replaced… by a thorny crown.
His clothes…now a blood stained once pure white gown
And nail holes…which could be viewed…deep within His palms.
He took our place… now that’s a fact!
So many years… ago.
But before you tell another…they’re in your place
Remember who was first…at Calvary to go!
By: Linda Winchell
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('You Took MY Place! ' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Report Again, Margaret Alice Second
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano
- The Old Men Do Not Fear, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Old Soldiers' Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Poets Were Hunted, Bulat Okudzhava
- Sister Of Mine, Bulat Okudzhava
- There's The Special Music, Bulat Okudzhava
- They Killed My Father, Bulat Okudzhava
- Why Are You So Sad, Bulat Okudzhava
- Rivals, Pradip Chattopadhyay