You were only a sheep in wolf's clothing
Your skin wet like lightening quivers
Peels sheds like a snakeskin
When; quicksilver slivers
Roll aback into a boat to sea.
Aroused as something else…
Watch the stars collide collapse
Sugar salts sweat crystalized forever
Molding faces into identical caps.
Sexual favours their rubbers
They were always wormwood.
Corroded into the cells cud!
How, could you fault these burrs?
When like a snake
You were only a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You were only a sheep in wolf's clothing by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Nay No, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Sylvan Silver, Saiom Shriver
- Artifice, Saiom Shriver
- All I See On Summer Days, Pijush Biswas
- Lost Love, Indranil Bhaduri
- David Bowie, Richard Thripp
- A Cosntellation Of Birds, Saiom Shriver
- decision, Ewa Busayourmi
- Healers' Fingers, Saiom Shriver
- What a way to go, Elena Plotkin