Prasadam is specifically prepared for God
Food that is first offered
To God is considered sacred
Prasadam means the Mercy of the Lord.
Prasadam is karma – free food
Since it is sanctified by God
It is offered to satisfy our Lord
Remembering that He supplies all good.
When we prepare and offer food
Specifically for our Lord God
Partaking of the food by the God
Happens and leaves the remnant food.
On preparing and eating
Prasadam, we thank Him for every thing
He has done for us—with praying
That we will ever remember Him singing.
Prasadam is in nature auspicious
Hence is distributed to devotees
The sanctified food agrees
And the partaking people it pleases.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (*Prasadam by chandra thiagarajan )
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis