A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translation (Rus.)
The message to Yury Verkhovensky
The rain is small, the talk is slow,
From cilinder a lock of hair's seen,
The laugh is light, and some - unhallowed.
Is that a usual meeting?
But here - one of the lightest geniuses
With a hazy torch in his hand
Brought gift of your's into my dwelling,
Where I am anxious and sad.
Through rustle of autumn, autumn chilling
I recollect you, I love so
In all marks of the new beginning
In old and melancholy drawing.
We had a laugh, a joke and trick,
At least we all should sail forever
Through quick and fast and lanquid idyll
To night, into the mournfull elegy.
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- TO THE PARADISE I WANT TO MARCH, Dominic George
- Uit de voegen, Madrason writer
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I'M JUST TRYING TO A.., Dominic George
- NEARING THE FRONTIER (18 PG), Dominic George
- SELF ACCEPTANCE, Dominic George
- BREAKTHROUGH, Dominic George
- GUILT PREDICAMENT, Dominic George
- NEUROSIS, Dominic George
- THE OTHER GENDER, Dominic George
- ON THE DESERT PLAIN, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)