M.D Dinesh Nair
A CAT AND RAT GAME
In the world of many beautiful living beings we like to live
Observing the sky and looking curiously at the rare visitors
A squirrel, a sparrow, a parrot and a dragon fly.
All of a sudden we can see a rat that runs for its life
As a cat is after it chasing without a stopping for a breath and
We call it a game though it is a battle for a life and making a living.
Before our eyes the rat appears to flee for ever
And the cat retreats and settles with a small reptile at times.
We may give a sigh of relief though the poor reptile is gone!
A question has to haunt us often as why we still have a cat
That will one day surely kill these rats plenty
And where shall we hide our minds akin to aliens disfigured?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CAT AND RAT GAME by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Pebble, The Astronomer
- This World, Spiritwind Wood
- With Pride We Remain, Spiritwind Wood
- The Perversion of Christian Ideals, Brian Johnston
- Giver Of Light, Spiritwind Wood
- spinach makes me teeth feel chalky, Mandolyn ...
- Ode to knickers, Ruth Walters
- This Really Blows My Mind, Electric Lady
- Under The Tree, Tony Adah
- Poem Title, Doyen Lingua