M.D Dinesh Nair
A CAT AND RAT GAME
In the world of many beautiful living beings we like to live
Observing the sky and looking curiously at the rare visitors
A squirrel, a sparrow, a parrot and a dragon fly.
All of a sudden we can see a rat that runs for its life
As a cat is after it chasing without a stopping for a breath and
We call it a game though it is a battle for a life and making a living.
Before our eyes the rat appears to flee for ever
And the cat retreats and settles with a small reptile at times.
We may give a sigh of relief though the poor reptile is gone!
A question has to haunt us often as why we still have a cat
That will one day surely kill these rats plenty
And where shall we hide our minds akin to aliens disfigured?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CAT AND RAT GAME by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John