A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic
Departing with last train past week expires
On Friday night, commuters find release
Using well trained minds unused to peace
By pie[r]cing crossword clues, games each admires.
Life-lines are strung out too, as each aspires
Enthusiastically to morrow’s ease,
Creating word-games just before the peas
Rinsed with the salad welcome cooking fires.
On what enchanted waves will strange desires
Safety spurn when dreams seek f[l]resh release,
Sweet rapture, soft reflections sure to please,
In harmony with self. This, each requires.
Now, questions answered, prophecies fulfill
Great expectations bright with heightened will.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid