A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic
Departing with last train past week expires
On Friday night, commuters find release
Using well trained minds unused to peace
By pie[r]cing crossword clues, games each admires.
Life-lines are strung out too, as each aspires
Enthusiastically to morrow’s ease,
Creating word-games just before the peas
Rinsed with the salad welcome cooking fires.
On what enchanted waves will strange desires
Safety spurn when dreams seek f[l]resh release,
Sweet rapture, soft reflections sure to please,
In harmony with self. This, each requires.
Now, questions answered, prophecies fulfill
Great expectations bright with heightened will.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart
- The Magnet, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Not even a dream ("Deliverance"), John Taggart
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart