A Dancing Puppet!
Why to keep on smiling,
When my plate is full of pains.
All my hard work went into drain.
Danced to the tune of others to make them happy.
Danced like a monkey, with each beat of their drums.
They made me jump, made me ran to and fro.
As long as they wished.
But with each beats my heart played a painful beats.
Inspite of all this their heart didn't pity me.
It seemed that they were taking revenge on me,
In one or the other way.
Their dirty games didn't stop.
Which kept on playing to their heart content.
At last I cried out so loudly like thunder.
My words blow them out leaving me depressed forever.
Still they are the winners.
Now they can move me for shock treatment.
They are heading their way towards crushing me forever.
And fulfill their dreadful means,
For which they felt I am the hurdle.
My straight forwardness paid me very well.
If I was the hurdle I would have,
Played dirty politics like them.
Instead I would made them dance like puppet.
A person should never be straight forward.
Is the lesson I learnt!
Which made me a dancing puppet......
At the hands of mean and Selfish people.
If I knew how to
Play the game like them tactfully,
Today, I would have been the Winner!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dancing Puppet! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu
- A stranger, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I'll Never, Michael P. McParland
- I'll Always Work Hard, Michael P. McParland
- To Mr. Blanchard, the Celebrated Aeronau.., Philip Freneau
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai