A Dreamy Visitor
A dream came floating and said evocatively to me
I am always besides you to prod you forward and inspire,
Then it said with a visible smile that I could see
But to fulfill it you will have to work hard and perspire.
On seeing me nonplussed, it hastened to add
You must stay focused, always think of me and aspire,
Then he said with a voice both bitter and sad
In case you stop trying I shall into the thin air retire.
As the dream bid me goodbye, he while leaving said
Don’t imagine me as immaterial and throw me out of your head.
Rajesh Thankappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dreamy Visitor by Rajesh Thankappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken