Linda Marie Van Tassell
A Drop Of Rain That Flows
I taste happiness on your lips, hear laughter in your sighs.
I see the heavens in your smile and sunlight in your eyes.
I feel a yearning in your touch and hunger in your kiss,
and nothing matters more to me than sharing all of this.
I could live an eternity and never ask for more;
for, all the things you've given me, I've never held before.
The passion that rises from your heart shines a light to me.
It's like a candle in the night or moonlight over sea.
You've transformed all the world I know, and all things are made new.
Persephone rises again with springtime's morning dew.
The smell of apples on the wind, the scent of fresh-cut grass;
and raindrops glisten on the lawn like flecks of broken glass.
I drink my thirst from your lips; and I live and yet I die,
my petals blowing in the wind like wings across the sky.
With graceful hands I touch you, and I want to eat your skin.
I want to know the heart of you that's hidden deep within.
The soft steps of the morning walk into the foaming waves,
and cloud-like veils are lifted over still and lonely graves.
The branches spread their palms on the body of sultry air,
and the subtle winds of promise whisper everywhere.
It's the moment that we treasure, a dropp of rain that flows.
It's the full-blown flame of pleasure that rises in the rose;
and who would trade this moment or bid past times reappear?
You consume my mouth in yours, and I'm thankful to be here.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Drop Of Rain That Flows by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)