RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Favorite Nephew
A young child, a favorite nephew, sitting amidst grown-ups, grieving, yet celebrating his Uncle.
Filled with tears, so young to have to be sitting here listening to stories of people who held his Uncle dear.
Tales and stories he may never remember as he grows older, yet he will always know how much people everywhere loved his Uncle Scott.
Overflowing with tremendous emotional sorrow, how can one so young fathom this thing we call death?
How sweet, his voice reverberating through the church's collective mind, I love you, Uncle Scott, forever.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Favorite Nephew by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart