A Guide For Boys In Love
You are sitting on the bank of a lake,
Engaged in fishing and smoking with silence,
You are not interested in a particular fish,
Depending entirely on your fate for the day.
The fish may be beautiful or may be ugly,
A friend of your system or harmful for it,
It may suit to your taste,
Or just a food, for your hunger, so wild.
You are hungry and thirsty,
Just need a fish,
Being called by instinct.
Whether moral or immoral.
Bring your ears a little closer to my mouth,
Hunger of the girls are more intense,
But they know it well,
They may fish a snake.
What is inside the lake,
You are completely unaware,
(An immediate response to Yash Shinde's request)
Akhtar Jawad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Guide For Boys In Love by Akhtar Jawad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Apelike Persistence, Richard Thripp
- Your body is water, Mark Heathcote
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Every Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman