rose flores rosevoc2
A Portrait Of My Dad
A man of courage with strong back.
of clean nails and tender hands
of well-combed hair and Old Spice
of red lips and heart so wise;
of sad eyes, but happy will
of yellow teeth and firm nose
of laughing cheeks and warm chest
of walking feet and Sunday's best.
My Dad's a prize from Heaven up!
In God's delight, a family -
of work and lessons everyday
And love for all, he'd always say.
To Hannibal, he left me then
to Sacred Heart - I don't know when
and peace and love for all to pray
be strong in faith, the angels say!
I love you, Daddy. May you and all the faithful departed rest with GOD forever.
rose flores rosevoc2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Portrait Of My Dad by rose flores rosevoc2 )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide
- The good theme, hasmukh amathalal
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland
- Stars, Jordan Myrie
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland