RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Solo Journey Ended
Flying through life encapsulated in a tunnel,
foraging for love and nurturance.
Finding someone, not wanting to let go, deciding
a course to take, then discarding it.
Taking care of and sheltering, coming closer,
intimately growing farther together.
Finally realizing a stretch of life is lonely,
empty, begin searching for what you have not found.
Freely traveling until meeting someone you have
Holding hands, walking together, finding many
similarities and life gets quieter, more serene.
Finalizing plans within your mind, taking their
hand, looking deeply into eyes for questioning
Silently pleading, finding your voice finally, you
know in your heart, love must be expressed before
it is lost forever.
Asking solemnly, will you marry me?
Seeing an answer of joyful yesses before a voice is
heard saying anything.
Life moves on to heavenly bliss, found here on earth
as you and she get married.
(2: 10 p.m. - 5/7/00)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Solo Journey Ended by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Dyeing Light, Marius Carstens
- kojo the devil, Emmanuel chibuike
- E-rated poemier-Someone who stole, Elvis Airohi
- A Thank You Note, Emily Liang
- ~ Lonely ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Sunshine, Emily Liang
- Drying River., Bieze Josephat
- WE MUST STICK TO OUR WORDS يجب ان نلتصق .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Miss You, Gabriel Mbusya
- WE MUST STICK TO OUR WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI