A World of Uncertainty!
The victims’ shadows steal the wall
and project our incoming death.
The clock takes away our lifelines
and constricts us in its shackles.
Darkness besieges the harbor
and beclouds our escape route.
Our forbearance is our curse
that locks us in its internment.
The organ is our harbinger
that withholds future realism.
It’s our unspoken cry for help
in a World of Uncertainty!
Michael Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World of Uncertainty! by Michael Fischer )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)