Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
A Youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era and of 1976
The difference between a youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era
And the youth of 1976
1976 Their daily bread was not yet sovereignty
And singing not yet uhuru
They heard a smell of injustice in old uniform
Rebellious against it everywhere and anywere!
They fought injustice with their lives
they fought every inhuman out of human
A youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era
They sing not yet developed
And they have a freedom in their lifetime.
The streets are as they where in 1976
And the dust is still unsettled.
I sense a feeling of corruption, maqhabane!
Unruly against all those championing liberation
And defy them against all odds!
The class of 1976 died for justice
And youth Janice Bronwyn Linden dies for injustice.
A justice in injustice uniform.
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era and of 1976 by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Fifteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Hope, Olugbuyi Stephen Gbolly
- I trace you on the coffee table, Mandolyn Davidson
- On Line Poet's Friendship, Om Chawla
- गोरबोनि सानस्रि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Symphony Of The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Prime Truth - 30, Pranab K. Chakraborty