There's a crashing in my ears,
having conversations with my soul,
asking unanswerable questions
of a weary resolve.
On an ocean of uncertainty
the tide beats like a drum
of every broken heartbeat.
I drift towards an amber horizon,
wonder whether a flat world
would greet my curious feet.
Out, then in amidst the waves,
still frothing their teeth
before biting the sand.
calling me back to shore,
open arms gesture,
begging for my heart.
Through azure shaded glasses
I watch...I wonder...
do I float...
back into love.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afloat by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata