There's a crashing in my ears,
having conversations with my soul,
asking unanswerable questions
of a weary resolve.
On an ocean of uncertainty
the tide beats like a drum
of every broken heartbeat.
I drift towards an amber horizon,
wonder whether a flat world
would greet my curious feet.
Out, then in amidst the waves,
still frothing their teeth
before biting the sand.
calling me back to shore,
open arms gesture,
begging for my heart.
Through azure shaded glasses
I watch...I wonder...
do I float...
back into love.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afloat by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- Perfectly Imperfect, Marvin Brato Sr
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp