After The End
Once when my life will end
What will happen then?
How shall I be remembered
Amongst the mourners around me?
Will the sun be shining then
Or there will be rain,
Will they be praising me
Or give me a look with shame.
Will they be mourning with rose and wraths in hand
Or they will be exhaling with a shy of great relief.
With shuffling thoughts and scores of doubts
I find myself in a shamble at last.
Suddenly I could hear - from deep inside my core
Wisdom of words were emanating - out from the soul.
They hit me so strong and deep
I had to take the following steps:
Don't do any wrong things right from this moment
And no ill feeling in myself at the point of death,
Leave it in the Future's hand as how it will choose
Let the soul be clear at least from the conscience of myself.
Amit ava (11.01.2014)
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (After The End by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- Halloween Wind, Rhonda Baker
- My Mam Jackie., David Boyce
- For every sun thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- whatever, Frank Avon
- Warmth in the Winter, Joshua Chuhran
- I REMEMBER, Nazreen Nazarudeen
- Story of Man, Joshua Chuhran
- Daily admission, gajanan mishra
- The Idealist., RAJ VIKRAM
- waste your time reading this, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)