After The End
Once when my life will end
What will happen then?
How shall I be remembered
Amongst the mourners around me?
Will the sun be shining then
Or there will be rain,
Will they be praising me
Or give me a look with shame.
Will they be mourning with rose and wraths in hand
Or they will be exhaling with a shy of great relief.
With shuffling thoughts and scores of doubts
I find myself in a shamble at last.
Suddenly I could hear - from deep inside my core
Wisdom of words were emanating - out from the soul.
They hit me so strong and deep
I had to take the following steps:
Don't do any wrong things right from this moment
And no ill feeling in myself at the point of death,
Leave it in the Future's hand as how it will choose
Let the soul be clear at least from the conscience of myself.
Amit ava (11.01.2014)
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (After The End by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Light of Your Smile, Jeffrey Gonell
- limericks section (more to be added) f.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi