Let's go out for a midnight rave.
We can wine and dine early,
Then go out on the town.
Go to a dive
Where the music's alive.
When you put on that sexy gear
With that hair, long and curly,
I go out of my mind.
Always sets me on fire.
Just look what that talkin' has done.
Who needs food anyway.
It looks rainy out there.
Put on a disk.
A night out won't be missed.
I didn't think you'd get upset.
Don't you go out without me.
Well, please don't bang the door.
What have I said?
She's gone - - I'm off to bed.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ageless Invitation! by Fay Slimm )
- Standing, Dislocated Heart
- There Goes Life (Dust To Dust), Michael McParland
- Bluened Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Be ants, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sketching Patterns, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Assurance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)