Barry Van Allen
When I was ' something-teen' ,
she was everything that I believed in,
- - - I gave myself to her,
My broken heart took years to lose,
and yet for years,
I kept on finding it!
When I was Twenty-something,
my broken heart was still with me,
... she somehow never went away,
... and hasn't to this day.
I should know better in my day and age,
there is no reason it should hurt today,
... I can't explain it, but it does ;
... It is tough to lose your first real love.
When you wish that you were ' something-teen ' again,
... and everybody does,
remember just how much it hurt,
and remember all the causes,
... and know that you would do it all again!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Again! by Barry Van Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak