RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Standing in one of Dr. L's. exam rooms, looking out
There are angles everywhere, causing shadows to be
Only the symmetricity of a few trees softens the
hardness of the close environment.
Water in a fountain below, ripples and crosses over
itself, playing with unseen foes in jest.
Lines leading and following angles, leaving their
own darkened shadows throughout the building.
Seeing patterned designs thrown about by rays of
sunshine filtering down.
Tiny, slim slits of sun fall through some of the
cracks between poles on the banister all around
At times every other one, then an extra one jumps
in to mess up the mathematical pattern.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angles Designs by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Quick Glance Of Atlanta, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Al-Quds' freedom حرية القدس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Special, Rachel Nichols
- Robot, ayang jamir
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- De Rong Song, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)