All too soon the countryside,
Now fresh greened and sprouting more
Than spring, looks out for wider
Room, shakes it's newborn blossoms
Then ushers April to the door.
And April's away.
No longer teenage, Flora's
Grown maturer now, slightly
Deeper hued, flowers adorning
Every late spring bough, while
April, already pale, turns white,
Then April's away.
Heated by more ardent sun,
Hedgerows must have stronger feed.
Palid from work early done
April leaves, - makes way for May
To ensure Flora has her needs
Now April's away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (April's Away. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mister Bojangles, Jim Yerman
- My Life will get back...., Abhijit Surve
- The Far Away Call, John Ugolo Umah
- Beautifully Broken, Electric Lady
- Once in a Paradise, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Under surveillance, gajanan mishra
- HEY POET,, ROCHISH MON
- The Eighth Sin, Sri Ram
- global, Paola Degli Esposti
- मा जालांखो, Ronjoy Brahma