A New You.
Close your eyes and gently walk
Down dreamy Memory Lane.
Now stoop to pick and smell the flowers.
Choose just short stays - or stay for hours!
You're happy once again.
Feel release right through your frame.
Your heart begins to breathe.
With stress gone, grasp this slower pace,
Relax - you're in a different place
And never want to leave.
You're a new YOU.
Examine what you feel right now.
What words spring to your mind?
Lightness? Freedom? Relief and Bliss?
Remember these so you'll not miss
The rescue you will find.
You're a relaxed, new YOU.
Envision your new rescued heart
Which nothing can invade.
This place to go when things are hard
Will transform you, when once you start
To value what you've made.
You're a relaxed and happy new YOU.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New You. by Fay Slimm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Self, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- The Threat of the Weaker Sex, David Lewis Paget
- Sonnet 504, Luis Estable
- Tale of Nail - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Sonnet 502, Luis Estable
- make MANDELA's feat never fail 'ME', sEaN nOrTh
- God given treasure, Arcely Talicuad
- Christmas Eve, Tony md chamasense
- Peshawar, Sari Mavi
- Untouched Flower, Edward Kofi Louis