Are We Not Dripping In Gold?
My sweet good lord,
ignore my sins for tonight,
for I will be in the company,
of bad men in good suits,
and good girls in bad places,
ChamPAIN for everyone here,
yes we are successful,
we got the nicest sCARS,
and mistresses with model agencies.
But I could do with,
a mother who knew my name,
and a daddy who prefered coca cola.
Are we not dripping in gold?
I swear, my tears are just glamorous now.
I control the board room,
but I am bored of the same room, same suits.
Success = Happiness, thats what I beLIEved.
But I only saw what I wanted,
not what I needed.
No bartender, I ain't in no rush to get 'home',
have a drink on me,
keep the change,
spend it with your family.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are We Not Dripping In Gold? by Rachel Henley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty