As A Mere Child
As a mere child I played the marigold game
and pulled off and did divide
the yellow leave one after the other
but now that I have got you
I do not want to determine your love like this.
Everything in life I want to share with you,
I cannot and do not want to forget you
and what does flowers know about true love?
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As A Mere Child by Gert Strydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh